Email Our Staff Here
We are currently offering FREE in class recycling awareness presentations to 5th grade classes in Genesee County. We offer an interactive lesson with many visual aids that gets students involved in learning about how we handle garbage and what recycling is. Call or email us today to schedule a presentation!
Recycling Awareness Workshop Flyer
- If all morning newspapers in the U.S. were recycled for one day, approximately 41,000 trees would be saved and 6 million tons of waste would never end up in the landfill.
- Recycled paper production uses 58% less water compared to virgin paper production.
- Each ton of recycled paper can save 17 trees, 380 gallons of oil, 3 cubic yards of landfill space, 4,000 kilowatts of energy, and 7,000 gallons of water.
- Plastics can take up to 400 years to break down in a landfill.
- It takes 5 PETE bottles (water bottles) to make 1 square foot of polyester carpet, an extra large t-shirt or filling for a ski jacket.
- Recycling 1 pound of steel saves enough energy to light a 60-watt light bulb for over 26 hours
- Select a Recycling Coordinator
- Determine the Waste Stream
- Select a Waste Hauler/Recycler
- Inform Your Team of Volunteers of Their Responsibilities During Event
- Set Up by Making Sure That Recycling Receptacles are Clearly Marked
- Educate Event Participants Using Clear Signage and Directions
Successful Event Recycling
Styrofoam Recycling at your office/school!
Landfill Prohibited Materials