Looking for a way to properly dispose of your Hazardous Waste, Electronics, Paint or other materials? Attend Genesee County’s Recycle Day!
Thank you to all who participated in our 2019 Recycle Day Events – over 4,500 residents dropped off 526,000 pounds of hard-to-recycle materials!
2020 Recycle Day event info can be found below. Stay tuned for more details:
- Saturday, June 20, 2020 from 10AM-2PM at Carman-Ainsworth High School and the Flint Water Service Center
- Tuesday, July 21, 2020 from 2PM-6PM at Mott Community College
- Tuesday, August 18, 2020 from 2PM-6PM at Mott Community College
- Two Saturday Recycle Days are held annually with two locations accepting items. One location is always at the Flint East Water Service Center and the other is held at different locations throughout Genesee County. Also make sure you check out our Tuesday events that will be held at Mott Community College!
- When coming to Recycle Day, event staff and directional signs will help guide the public to the entrance and into line.
- Average wait times are about 15 – 30 minutes. However, wait times may be longer with a larger turnout.
- Recycle Day staff will check you into the event by asking which City or Township you are from.
- Multiple stations will be available for you to drop-off items. Recycle Day staff will be positioned throughout the event to guide you in the proper direction.
- Items brought to Recycle Day will be unloaded by event staff, so please stay in your vehicle at all times.
- If you cannot make the Recycle Day event, see the Drop-Off Center Directory page or call the Recycle Hotline at (810) 762-7744 for other locations to take some of your hard-to-recycle items.