ALL EVENTS ARE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY & APPOINTMENT REGISTRATIONS WILL OPEN TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE FIRST EVENT OF EACH MONTH
Click Here for Registration Info or visit shorturl.at/nHJS7
The Genesee County Metropolitan Planning Commission (GCMPC) is pleased to announce the 2023 Recycle Day event schedule for household hazardous waste and electronics collection. Due to the success of last year’s appointment format, all Recycle Day events in 2023 will continue to be appointment only. With appointments, residents will experience decreased wait times when dropping off their items.
Eight total Recycle Day events will be held May through August, with two events occurring each month on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday. The 2023 Recycle Day events are as follows:
- May 9, 2023
- May 23, 2023
- June 13, 2023
- June 27, 2023
- July 11, 2023
- July 25, 2023
- August 8, 2023
- August 22, 2023
Timeslots for appointments and the event location will only be released once an appointment has been secured through GCMPC’s Eventbrite registration. Please bring proof of registration in digital or printed format. Without proof of registration, you will be turned away.
Please also visit our Drop-Off Center Directory at http://gcmpc.org/drop-off-center-directory/ for other locations to drop off your hazardous waste and electronics.
If you have any questions, please email Recycle@geneseecountymi.gov or call (810) 762-7744.
See below for a list of items accepted/not accepted at Recycle Day:
|Items Accepted at Recycle Day||Items Not Accepted at Recycle Day|
- Recycle Day events are held annually where residents are able to drop-off a variety of hard to dispose-of materials for free (see list above).
- When coming to Recycle Day, event staff and directional signs will help guide the public to the entrance and into line.
- Appointments are required to attend Recycle Day events resulting in minimal wait times of 5 – 10 minutes.
- Recycle Day staff will check you into the event by asking for your proof of registration.
- Multiple stations will be available for you to drop-off items. Recycle Day staff will be positioned throughout the event to guide you in the proper direction.
- Items brought to Recycle Day will be unloaded by event staff, so please stay in your vehicle at all times.
- If you cannot make the Recycle Day event, see the Drop-Off Center Directory page or call the Recycle Hotline at (810) 762-7744 for other locations to take some of your hard-to-recycle items.