Genesee County Small Business Assistance
Genesee County has established the Small Business Assistance Program to assist low/moderate income business owners with access to short-term working capital in order to mitigate the impacts of revenue losses caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and associated Executive Orders. The fund is to be created with $216,844 of Community Development Block Grant – CARES Act (CDBG-CV) funds received under the CARES Act.
Grants will be available in amounts up to $10,000 and will be administered through the Genesee County Metropolitan Planning Commission (GCMPC).
Please read through all eligibility requirements before proceeding to the application.
An income-eligible business located in Genesee County, not located within the City of Flint, City of Davison, City of Clio, Village of Otter Lake, or Village of Lennon that meets all the following requirements:
- Business owner’s household income is less than or equal to 80% of Area Median Income (see chart below).
- Has 25 employees or less. If it is a franchise or business with multiple locations, employees at ALL locations within Genesee County must be included. Please submit one application per business location. Up to $10,000 can be awarded per business owner.
- A for-profit business that has been in operation for at least 2 years.
- Must be able to demonstrate a negative impact due to COVID-19.
- Must be able to certify loss of income due to COVID-19 and pledge to continue the business to the best of their ability.
- Must have an active System for Award Management (SAM) registration with no exclusions, and DUNS number at the time of applying.
- Is not a marijuana-related business; which are not eligible for federal funding.
- Is not a political or religious organization.
- Is not a gambling and adult entertainment business.
- Must not currently be in bankruptcy.
- Must not be on debarred list for receiving federal funding.
- Must provide a W-9 in the business’s name.
- Must not be delinquent on federal, state or local taxes.
- Must disclose any conflict of interest with any county employee, elected official, or appointee of an elected official.
Applications will be available beginning October 27 until November 13, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. To apply, please use the following link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TZS6R3N
- Fill in all applicable fields of the application through the SurveyMonkey link above. *NOTE: This application works best using Google Chrome, Firefox or Edge browsers. Internet Explorer is not recommended.
- Ensure that all required documentation has been uploaded (see list below)
- If submission was successful, you will see a thank you message.
- To receive a PDF copy of your complete application, please call or email our office following submission.
- Completed W9 Form
- Business’s 2019 Federal Tax Returns
- Business Owner’s 2019 Federal Tax Returns, last 4 weeks of payroll, and copy of photo ID
- Most recent 4 weeks of payroll showing all current employees
- Most recent Profit/Loss statement
- Most recent monthly utility bill
- Description of any present or pending lawsuits, bankruptcy or insolvency, past due taxes, tax liens or levy’s
- Listing of business owners/partners with job titles and annual compensation
- Proof of SAM Registration
- Signed Certification Form